Monday, February 16, 2009

To my Miracle Warrior

To my Miracle Warrior,

I haven't slept in days. I am too nervous and excited to meet you. I lie in bed with my heart pounding thinking about the moment I will see your face and hold you in my arms. Although I haven't met you yet, I am already so in love with you and think you are truly amazing. You have endured so much already and yet you fight and grow and thrive and are a constant reminder to me that I have to live. I am terrified that the doctors are wrong and that you won't be perfect and that it will be my fault. I hope that someday you will understand that I have done, am doing and will always do everything I believe is best for you and that everything I have done, am doing and will do is out of the tremendous and overwhelming love I have for you and your brother. The two of you have pulled me through the most terrifying and challenging period in my life and for that I am so grateful.

Tomorrow my life will change forever. I will be the mother of two. After 10 long months, I will finally see your precious face. Miles will be a big brother. I've cried all day thinking of how lucky Miles and you are to have each other. And how sad Miles may be to have to give up his place in the spotlight. I sat with Miles tonight and kissed his little face and told him that tomorrow he'll get to meet you. He smiled, patted my belly and said "baby." Baby Miracle Warrior. We all can't wait to meet you. You are a miracle. You are a warrior.

I love you more than I can ever properly express. I love you. I love you. I love you.

And I will see you tomorrow.

No comments: