Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Book of Sharon

I think I'm a modern day Job. I'm being tested for sure. I don't know why since I think I'm a pretty good person and if there is a God, he already knows I think he's an asshole and don't believe in him. But...just in case being pregnant with cancer isn't enough to deal with in and of itself, this week I woke up on the morning of chemo round 5 with a cold. A cold that Miles gave me. He's fine now but for a cough that causes him to wake up at 5am and moan in bed for an hour. Poor Miles. Poor me. Mama needs her sleep and since I'm up every 2 hours to pee and then can't fall back asleep listening to my husband snore or worrying about whether I'm going to die soon, 5am is usually when I'm able to pass out for an hour or two. And just in case that's not enough, my vet called to tell me that Norman's diabetes is back and he needs 2 shots of insulin per day. I had found someone willing to adopt him until he moves on to kitty heaven knowing full well that he's peeing all over my house, but now I have to ask her if she'll take him and poke him with a needle twice a day. Methinks no. And just in case that's not enough, Boris and I received a letter from the I.R.S. asking for our 2006 tax return. Because what we need now is to be audited. Good times. Good times.

No comments: